Full Stack Engineer
Prototype to Production: As a fast-paced startup where Engineers work right alongside Product Managers, we go from iterating & validating a new concept to developing it into production-quality code.
You will be a full-stack developer with a proven track record of delivering strongly engineered applications and tools using cloud technologies. You will be capable of designing and developing significant new functionality as well as long lasting and scalable infrastructure services.
With your technical expertise you manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software products. You will also have excellent communication skills, as you will interact frequently and closely with our stakeholders across different functions.
- Lead all aspects of development including design, task allocation, implementation, testing, documentation, ongoing support and maintenance.
- Work in partnership with the Product and Market Design teams and other stakeholders to produce high quality and specific deliverables you can turn around fast.
- Provide estimates and dependencies for engineering tasks. Deliver highly scalable and reliable software applications.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Math, or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Familiarity with web stack, from database to backend to frontend to cloud infrastructure
Preferred qualifications (1+):
- Experience with SQL: you know when you use it, when to avoid it, how to read a query plan, and are comfortable diagnosing performance issues.
- Demonstrated experience with AWS cloud infrastructure, Docker, and a track record of continually improving your infrastructure and tools
- Experience with React, Angular, other modern web frameworks, and comfortable getting into CSS as needed
- Extensive experience with backend development in Python, Java or C#: you understand IoC, FP, and have a track record of pushing for improvements in design that result in better testability and agility for future changes